For some youngsters, mathematics is too abstract and disconnected from reality. They can believe math to be unimportant and dull. Children who are made to learn arithmetic through rote memorization may discover that they lack understanding of mathematical ideas and are unable to answer problems at a higher level due to a weak foundation and understanding fundamental math ideas. These academic difficulties do not apply to the 14-year-old Fatima Adamu Maikusa who is a rising mathematics professional from Gombe, Nigeria and has won seven international medals in the subject.
A 14-year-old Nigerian mathematics genius, Fatima Adamu Maikusa has set an exceptional record after winning 7 Mathematics medals in different competitions from across the world.
Fatima Adamu who hailed from Gombe, Northern Nigeria is currently a Grade 11 student at the Nigerian Turkish International School (NTIC) Kano, Nigeria.
According to a report shared by her school, Fatima started her mathematical journey at the age of 9. She has won 7 international medals in mathematics across the world.
Below are the list of medals she won for the past years
– American Mathematics Competition (AMC 08)
– International Eduversal Mathematics competition, Jakarta, Indonesia.
– International Math challenge, Bangkok Thailand
– Kangourou Sans Frontiers – KSF mathematics competitions
– Future Intelligence Students Olympiad (FISO)
– Mathematics without borders, Bulgaria
– Komodo Math Festival, Indonesia